We have introduced new, simpler licence pricing and conditions for Editsense.
You can use the clips for your own private study and learning. You can install the clips on one computer. You can also install them on a second computer you own or use, so long as they will only be used by you (eg you can have one on your desktop or home computer and one on your work or laptop computer). You can also make one backup copy.
50 user licence
You can install and use the clips on up to 50 computers in a school, nonprofit organisation or charity.
100 user/trainer licence
You can install and use the clips on up to 100 machines in a higher education institution, school, nonprofit organisation or charity. .
Trainers can temporarily install the clips on computers not owned by them for use on training sessions, but they must not be installed on more than 100 machines at any one time. They must be uninstalled when the training session has ended (your trainees can keep copies of their finished films up to 3 minutes long).
Terms and conditions
You must not give away, sell or otherwise distribute the clips, the printable resources, the stills or your completed films. This includes putting them on the Internet or broadcasting them except as described below.
You may put your edited version online, on your own non-commercial site or a video sharing site such as Vimeo or YouTube, subject to the following conditions:
- You must tell us when you have put the film online by sending an email to
email@example.com containing your name, your contact details, and the full URL of the film
- Your film must be no more than three minutes long
- You must add a 4-second ‘credit’ clip at the end of your film with the following text:
Made with clips from EDITSENSE
©2009-10 Media Education Wales
- You must agree to remove the film if we ask you to.
We will ask you to remove your film if we think the film (or the site where you put it online)
- is offensive
- is insulting about individuals or groups
- encourages violent, dangerous or illegal behaviour
- promotes a commercial product or service, a religion, a belief or political party
- is inappropriate for any other reason.